Friday, May 11, 2012

Electrical fire causes $75K of damage at Piper Urgent Care


A fire caused by an electrical shortage resulted in $75,000 worth of damage at the Urgent Care at 2040 Hutton Road.

Kansas City, Kan., firefighters reported to scene Thursday at 8:15 p.m. to find the fire in the computer room of the Urgent Care.

"The sprinkler system was activated and had stopped the fire from spreading," said Craig Duke, spokesperson and battalion chief for the Kansas City, Kan., Fire Department. "Crews located fire in computer room. Fire was under control within 10 minutes."

No one was hurt in the fire.