Wednesday, September 5, 2012

House fire caused by small fan injures no one


No one was injured after a fire broke out at 1843 N. 24th Street Wednesday.

Firefighters responded to the scene at 3 p.m. yesterday. The fire, which was caused by a small fan tipping over on carpet and overheating, caused $25,000 worth of damage.

"Crews performed primary search and confirmed that no one was in the structure," said Craig Duke, spokesperson for the Kansas City, Kan., Fire Department. "Crews had the fire under control within 10 minutes."

The fire happened inside the dining room of the home.