Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Fire at Gates BBQ causes $100K worth of damage


KANSAS CITY, KAN. --- A fire at Gates BBQ on 10th Street and State Avenue caused about $100,000 worth of damage.

Kansas City, Kan., firefighters rushed to the scene at around midnight on Wednesday morning.

The fire was located in the smoke stack and attic area of the restaurant, according to Kansas City, Kan., Fire Department Deputy Chief Kevin Shirley.

"First arriving fire crew reported smoke and embers coming from the smoke stack," Shirley said. "The inside of the restaurant was clear of smoke.  Crews set up aerial ladders and ground ladders to gain access to the roof area."

No one was hurt in the fire, which appears to be accidental, according to the KCK Fire Department.

View Larger Map