Monday, June 10, 2013

Fire caused by air conditioner injures two


Two residents were injured in a fire on 6259 Sloan Avenue in Kansas City, Kan.

The fire happened just after 3 p.m. on Sunday afternoon. It was caused after one individual in the home was working on the house's air conditioning unit.

A build-up of natural gas ignited and created a "flash fire," causing burns to the man working on the air conditioning unit.

The 61-year-old man suffered second degree burns to both arms, along with first-degree burns to the face.

A female inside the home suffered minor injuries after she fell.

About $23,000 worth of damage was reported at the home.

View Larger Map