The open house will be held on both days from 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. The open house is available
More from a press release:
General Motors Fairfax Assembly Plant – in partnership with the UAW Local 31, Chevrolet and Buick – will hold a two-day public “Open House” event on Thursday, Sept. 26 and Friday, Sept. 27 from 10:00 a.m. to 7:00 p.m.
Fairfax Assembly will open its doors to the local community offering vehicle test drives and displays, self-guided plant tours, games for kids, local vendor displays, and more.
· WHO: The General Motors Fairfax Assembly Plant, in partnership with the UAW Local 31, Chevrolet and Buick
· WHAT: Fairfax Assembly Plant Open House and Ride & Drive
· WHERE: GM Fairfax Assembly Plant (3201 Fairfax Trafficway, Kansas City, KS 66115)
· WHEN: Thursday, September 26 and Friday, September 27, 2013 from 10:00am to 7:00pm. The last plant tour will begin at 6:15 p.m. For more event information and to register to participate in a plant tour, please visit: http://fairfax.gmplantnews.com/content/Facilities/public/us/en/fairfax/open_house.html
ADDITIONAL INFORMATION: The open house is free. GM and the UAW Local 31 would like to encourage participants to consider making a donation to one of our local charities upon registration at the event. Bring a penny, a dollar, or a canned or non-perishable food item - it will all be donated to local non-profits at the end of the two-day event.
· SAFETY: Safety is our overriding priority, please remember the following when visiting the plant for a tour: Visitors on plant tours must wear closed-toed, closed-heel, flat shoes and long pants. Anyone wearing sandals, clogs, mules, high heels (and any other open or heeled shoes) and wearing shorts, skirts, dresses, etc. WILL NOT be permitted on the tour. You must be 18 years of age and have a valid driver’s license is required to participate in the vehicle test drive.
· “FAST PASS” TOUR TICKET: Plant tours are available at any time between 10:00am and 7:00pm – the last plant tour will begin at 6:15pm each day. Avoid the lines by pre-registering to attend a plant tour. By pre-registering, participants will receive a fast pass that allows visitors to go to the front of the tour line. For the pass to be honored, participants must arrive on time with a printed copy of the fast pass ticket. Printers are not available on-site. Pre-registration is limited and available on a first-come, first-served basis.