KANSAS CITY, KAN. --- For Turner residents considering voting on a $19.5 million school bond issue later this fall, Friday's an important day.
Sept. 20 is the last day for residents in Turner to register to vote and automatically receive a ballot by mail.
Ballots will be mailed out to voters on Sept. 30, with an Oct. 22nd deadline for the ballots to be returned.
Below is a list of projects that would be funded by the school bond, via the school district's Website:
- New front entrances designed to direct all visitors to check in at the administrative office prior to entering the schools
- New door locks that allow every classroom door to lock from the inside of the classroom
- Additional CCTVs integrated into current systems at all schools
- Additional access control systems to exterior doors at most schools, requiring a District issued key card to gain access to the school
- Updated media centers/THS computer pods to support the District's initiative for digital learning
- A new Cafeteria that can be used as a multipurpose space for Junction Elementary students
- A new Oak Grove Elementary School to be built on the existing site
- Replacement of the existing boiler and AC units at the ASC with high-efficiency equipment