“As we continue to combat human trafficking in Kansas, more trafficking victims are being identified and are in need of support,” Schmidt said. “These funds will help local organizations provide those services to victims in their time of need.”
The grants were awarded to:
- Veronica’s Voice, Kansas City: $14,957
- GaDuGi Safe Center, Lawrence: $13,384
- YWCA Center for Safety and Empowerment, Topeka: $23,000
- EmberHope, Wichita: $20,442
- SafeHomes, Winfield: $13,000
Schmidt said during state fiscal year 2013, more than 200 trafficking victims were identified by victims service organizations in Kansas.