Director of Volunteer Services, United Way of Wyandotte County
Are you looking for something interesting to do? Do you have a few free hours of time?
Are you ready to make difference in the community? Volunteering might be just the answer.
There are number of agencies and projects eager for enthusiastic volunteers.
- Communities in Schools is hosting Reality U, a financial literacy and dropout prevention program, at various high schools in Wyandotte County. Volunteers are needed for sessions at Washington High School on March 5th and 6th, Wyandotte High School on April 10th, FL Schlagle High School on May 1st, and JC Harmon High School on May 8th and 9th. Contact Ashley Ferguson at (913-636-1761) or Ashley.firstname.lastname@example.org.
- For those who like to get their hands dirty, Cultivate Kansas City hosts “Work on a Farm” on the 2nd & 4th Saturdays of every month. This event is held at the Gibbs Road Farm from 9 a.m. to noon. Individuals and groups of all experience levels are welcome! Come on out and get your hands dirty while you learn the fundamentals of urban farming. Sign-up is easy with Sign Up Genius form. If you have questions, please contact Ami at email@example.com or (913) 944-5639.
- Hillcrest Transitional Housing has a major need for volunteers to help with deep cleaning and painting apartments for new residents. The Hillcrest primary program focus is moving families and youth from homelessness to self-sufficiency within 90 days and provides rent and utility free housing to residents while in the program. Contact Bianca Ward (913) -515-6531 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Foster Grandparent Office, Catholic Charities of NE Kansas, is looking for volunteers to help several days per month with some administrative type functions including copying and mailing newsletters as well as filing and other duties. Contact Jill Rademacher at (913) 906-8920 or email@example.com
- For more information on how you can GIVE, ADVOCATE, and VOLUNTEER please contact Cathi Hahner, Director of Volunteer Services, at (913) 371-3674 or firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also find a list of opportunities by checking out our website at www.volunteerkc.org.