Saturday, March 1, 2014

KCK man suffers second-degree burns in fire

KANSAS CITY, KAN. ---- A Kansas City, Kan., man was injured during a fire on Friday night.

Kansas City, Kan., firefighters responded to a fire call shortly before 10 p.m. Friday at an apartment complex near 2803 New Jersey Ave.

The fire happened inside the kitchen, where the man spilled grease after trying to remove it from the stove.

The fire caused $4,500 worth of damage to the building and about $500 of items were damaged inside the kitchen.

No one else was injured.