The Health Fair is from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. April 17 in the KCKCC Field House, 7250 State Ave. Entrance into the fair is free. However, there is a fee associated with some activities. These include:
- 20 Chemistries and Lipids with CBD. This includes electrolytes, lipids, hemoglobin and hematocrit. $37
- Glucose and Lipid Profile. $25
- Cancer Antigen 125 (for women). This is a possible indicator for ovarian cancer. $45.
- Prostate specific antigen PSA (for men). This is possibly indicative of prostate cancer. $30
- Thyroid stimulating hormone TSH. $25
The health fair will feature more than 30 exhibitors including those about alcohol and drugs, spinal flexibility, oral health, wellness and fitness and HIV/STD information. In addition, there will be free blood pressure checks and cholesterol testing as well as weight, height and vision.
“Everyone attending has the chance to win free giveaways, as well as they may gain resources. These resources will enable individuals to make healthy living choices and improve their health,” Morgan said. “This year, we have new vendors to the health fair, which is exciting. We have the diabetes association plus more. It is a great opportunity for all to gain free blood pressure, height, weight and vision screening. The lab has low cost testing available.”
For more information on KCKCC”s Health Fair, contact Kim Morgan at 913-288-7683 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.