KANSAS CITY, KAN. – As the Kansas City T-Bones prepare for their home opener on Thursday, May 15, the club has announced its promotions and events schedule for the 2014 season.
For 2014, the nightly promotions and ways to save on tickets have returned, along with a large offering of giveaways and special guests.
“We have some truly special nights planned this summer for everyone,” said T-Bones Vice-President and General Manager Chris Browne. “I give a lot of credit to our staff for coming up with some new and creative ideas. We’ve added four $1 hot dog nights on Friday nights this year, 50-cent hot dogs on National Hot Dog Day, some great new first-time giveaways with the Sizzle Mascot Gnome, T-Bones bomber hat, social media T-Bones iPhone cover giveaway, and the Frank White OYO mini-figurine. This season, we also have four matinee games. At the same time we’ve kept the famous T-Bones Jersey giveaway that is always a hit with the fans.”
This season’s promotions and special events include:
- T-Bones T-Shirt: On Opening Day, Thursday, May 15, against Lincoln, the first 2,000 fans will receive a T-Bones T-shirt, presented by CommunityAmerica Credit Union.
- Youth Jersey: On Tuesday, June 3, the T-Bones will have a Youth Jersey giveaway by Savers to the first 1,000 kids 12 and under as the T-Bones face Wichita in The Kansas Turnpike Showdown presented by the Kansas Turnpike Authority.
- “Original Dotte” T-Shirt: The T-Bones, with sponsor 7th Street Casino, will be giving away an “Original Dotte” T-shirt to the first 1,000 fans for the Sunday, June 22 game against Laredo.
- Frank White Figurine: On Sunday, June 29, against Gary SouthShore, the first 1,500 fans age 6-12 will receive a Frank White OYO Sports Mini Figurine, sponsored by Sport Clips.
- T-Bones iPhone Cover: For the first time, the T-Bones will give away an iPhone Cover, sponsored by Verizon, to the first 1,500 fans, for the Tuesday, July 8 game against Grand Prairie.
- T-Bones Baseball Hat: The first 2,000 fans at CommunityAmerica Ballpark on Friday, July 18, against Winnipeg, will receive a T-Bones Baseball Hat, sponsored by Sheet Metal Local #2.
- T-Bones Jersey: The ever-popular T-Bones Replica Jersey giveaway for the first 2,000 adults is Tuesday, July 22, against Grand Prairie, presented by Verizon.
- Sizzle Gnome: On Tuesday, Aug. 5, against St. Paul, the T-Bones will give away a Sizzle the Mascot Gnome, sponsored by the Kansas City Zoo, to the first 1,500 fans.
- Collapsible Cooler: On Kansas Speedway Night, Friday, Aug. 15 against Gary SouthShore, the first 1,500 fans will receive a Collapsible Cooler, sponsored by Kansas Speedway.
- T-Bones Bomber Hat: On Tuesday, Aug. 19, against Amarillo, the first 1,500 fans will receive a T-Bones Bomber Hat, sponsored by KC Aviation.
- Mountain Man: On Thursday, June 5, against Wichita, Mountain Man from the popular TV show “Duck Dynasty” will make an appearance at CommunityAmerica Ballpark, presented by the Kansas Turnpike Authority.
- Bobby Dernier: 1984 Gold Glove winner and Kansas City native Bobby Dernier, who spent 10 years in the majors with Philadelphia and the Chicago Cubs, will be at CommunityAmerica Ballpark for the Grand Prairie game on Wednesday, July 9, as part of the Principal Financial Dreams Tour.
- Jose Canseco: Former major-league slugger Jose Canseco will be at CommunityAmerica Ballpark on Sunday, Aug. 3, against St. Paul, for the Jose Canseco Home Runs for Harvesters Challenge, including a post-game home run derby competition with Canseco, sponsored by Goodcents.
- Jennifer Jo Cobb: NASCAR Driver and Hometown Legend Jennifer Jo Cobb will be at CommunityAmerica Ballpark for Ladies Night, sponsored by Curves, for the Wednesday, Aug. 6 game against St. Paul.
- Monday: Kids eat free by CommunityAmerica Credit Union. The first 2,000 kids 12 and under receive a voucher for a free hot dog, bag of chips and lemonade.
- Tuesday: Giveaway nights and beer special: Large Beers for the Price of a Small Beer from 5:30 p.m. until the fourth inning.
- Wednesday: Post-Game Catch on the Field by Coventry Health Care; Price Chopper Wednesdays: Show Your Price Chopper Card & Receive a GA/Berm Ticket for $2 off.
- Thursday: $1 beers by Cell Phone Repair (CPR).
- Friday: Appearance by the Falcon Skydiving Team.
- Saturday: Post-Game Fireworks by Verizon.
- Sunday: Pre-Game Player Autographs by Savers; Savers Sundays: Show your Savers Club Card & Receive $2 off Berm Tickets; Post-Game Kids Run the Bases by Price Chopper.
- On select Friday nights throughout the season, fans can receive two-for-one specials on GA/Berm seats by celebrating with the T-Bones.
- May 23: Wizard of Oz Theme Night
- June 27: Star Wars Theme Night
- Aug. 29: Field of Screams Theme Night
In addition to the fireworks every Saturday night, there will be Memorial Day fireworks after the game against Fargo-Moorhead on Sunday, May 25; special fireworks on CommunityAmerica Credit Union Member Appreciation Night, Tuesday, June 17, against Sioux City; Independence Day fireworks following the July 4 game against Sioux Falls; and Labor Day fireworks after the game on Sunday, Aug. 31, against St. Paul. In all, there will be 13 scheduled fireworks nights.
All of the above promotions, dates, and giveaways are subject to change. More great promotions and events are being developed. The complete promotions list can be seen at www.tbonesbaseball.com/promotions.
Single-game tickets are on sale now, including Opening Day, Thursday, May 15, against Lincoln. Advance ticket prices start at $6.50, with a $1 surcharge for tickets purchased on the day of the game. Season ticket packages and mini-plans are available now, also. For more information about tickets, visit www.tbonesbaseball.com or call 913-328-5618. For information on group outings and suite availability, call 913-328-5623.