KANSAS CITY, KAN. ----- An employee at a local salvage yard was injured after an explosion Wednesday afternoon.
The incident happened at 836 S. 26th Street just after 3 p.m. on Wednesday afternoon.
According to the Kansas City, Kan., Fire Department, employees smelled gas while welding in a part of the yard when the explosion happened.
"Workers indicated they had an odor of gasoline in the area when there was an explosion. Causing crushed vehicles to catch on fire. One employee was treated for minor flash burns to face area."
The fire is under investigation by the KCK Fire Department.
No one else was injured and outside of damage done to already crushed vehicles, no loss of property was reported.