Sunday, June 22, 2014

Man injured during fire in Kansas City, Kansas home


KANSAS CITY, KAN. ----- A man was injured in a fire at a home in Kansas City, Kan., Saturday evening.

Kansas City, Kan., firefighters reported to 1924 N. 4th Street just after 5 p.m. on Saturday.

The cause of the fire, according to the Kansas City, Kan., Fire Department, was gasoline being stored near a water heater.

According to KCK Fire Department PIO Deputy Chief Craig Duke, the gas and a lawnmower were stored near the water heater. During the fire, the injured resident suffered second and third degree burns to the lower portion of his body.

"Crews on the scene within three minutes reported fire showing from the side of a two-story wood-framed residential structure," Duke said in a news release. "Crews were informed that all occupants had self evacuated."

About $15,000 worth of damage was done to the home.

The American Red Cross assisted three adults and one child on the scene.