The grants awarded will fund the following projects:
- PACES, Kansas City, KS: $20,500 to support operation of a child exchange and visitation center in Wyandotte County.
- Friends of Yates, Kansas City, KS: $53,200 to provide comprehensive services to victims/survivors of domestic violence and sexual assault, stalking and human trafficking.
- Metropolitan Organization to Counter Sexual Assault, Kansas City, MO: $24,850 to support research and development of victim services through digital modalities in order to ensure access to care in Johnson, Wyandotte and Miami counties.
- Metropolitan Organization to Counter Sexual Assault, Kansas City, MO: $43,935 to provide effective fiscal and programmatic leadership, representation and services.
- Tenth Judicial District Johnson County Court Services, Olathe, KS: $22,000 to provide supervised exchanges and visitation for court ordered families through the Family Court of the 10th Judicial District.
- SAFEHOME, Inc., Overland Park, KS: $25,000 to provide immediate assistance, safety planning, follow up, clinical intake advocacy and case management to victims in crisis who have been identified as high risk for lethal harm.
- SAFEHOME, Inc., Overland Park, KS: $67,000 to provide victims of domestic violence and their children with shelter, emergency assistance, case management and community referrals.
- Sunflower House, Inc., Shawnee, KS: $16,205 to provide child abuse prevention education programs to area children, parents, and professionals.
- Sunflower House, Inc., Shawnee, KS: $22,725 to support 50% of a new family advocate position within the Child Assessment Program.
These grants were awarded from the State Crime Victims’ Assistance Fund for Child Abuse and Neglect, the State Child Exchange, the State Crime Victims’ Assistamce Fund and Visitation Centers Fund and the Protection from Abuse Fund.
This year, the Attorney General’s Office awarded $2.375 million in grants to local and state crime victim assistance organizations.