The Kansas City, Kan., Fire Department is investigating a fire that happened Tuesday morning at 3057 S. 23rd Circle.
Firefighters reported to the scene just before 1:30 a.m. No one was injured, but the fire caused about $35,000 worth of damage.
The one person in the home at the time of the fire evacuated and was unharmed.
According to PIO Deputy Chief Craig Duke, the fire was discovered in the attic of the home.
"Resident informed crews that he had had an electrical issue one hour prior to fire and the master breaker had been turned off," Duke commented. "Heavy fire was located in the attic area. Crews had to evacuate when roof started to collapse."
Again, no one was injured in the fire.
The fire remains under investigation.