The first set of classes is an opportunity to learn about past leaders of Kansas and what they meant to history.
Students will get the opportunity to learn from a first person reenactor and see history come to life. All of these courses will be at 6 p.m.
- Feb. 5 – Dr. James Naismith
- Feb. 12 – Octave Chanute
- Feb. 19 – Wilbur Wright
- Feb. 26 – Dwight Eisenhower
Class options include:
- Chair Yoga. A unique yoga style that adapts yoga positions and poses through the use of a yoga chair. 5 to 6 p.m. Tuesdays, Feb. 3 top March 10. Cost: $45.
- Line Dancing. Learn a variety of line dances to increase the heart rate and fitness level. 6 to 6:45 p.m. Tuesdays, Feb. 3 to March 10. Cost: $45.
- Ballroom Dancing. Learn the basics of various ballroom dances including the waltz, tango, foxtrot, rumba and swing. Couples only please. 7 to 7:45 p.m. Tuesdays, Feb. 3 to March 10. Cost: $60.
Enrollment for the dance classes can also be completed online by visiting the KCKCC website, www.kckcc.edu and selecting “Continuing Education Schedule” under Programs. Courses are listed under “Health & Fitness.”