What new technologies is the Navy currently developing? These questions and many more will be answered in Kansas City, Mo., one of 12 cities selected to host a 2015 Navy Week, a Navy signature outreach program.
Kansas City Navy Week is scheduled for Aug. 17-23, 2015, coincident with the KC Aviation Expo and Air Show, and is designed to provide area residents an opportunity to learn about the Navy, its people, and its importance to national security and prosperity.
- “Blue Angels,” The Navy Flight Demonstration Team
- “Leap Frogs,” The Navy Parachute Team
- Navy Divers and or Navy Explosive Ordinance Disposal teams
- Sailors from USS Constitution, the oldest commissioned warship afloat in the world
- Navy Band musical performances
- Admirals and other senior Navy leaders, who will engage with local corporate, civic, government and education leaders
- Navy simulator(s) and other interactive displays
- Visits to area schools
- Community service projects and events with local sports franchises
- Visits with local veterans
The Navy Week program began in 2005, and NAVCO has since coordinated 169 Navy Weeks in 69 U.S. cities.
Navy Weeks focus a variety of outreach assets, equipment and personnel in a single city for a week-long series of engagements with key influencers and organizations representing all sectors of the market.
More than 75 outreach events are coordinated during a Navy Week with corporate, civic, government, education, media, veterans, community service and diversity organizations within the host city.
Other cities selected to host a 2015 Navy Week include: Quad Cities, Iowa; Rhode Island; Rockford, Ill.; Cheyenne, Wyo.; Fargo, N.D.; Indianapolis; Shreveport, La.; Detroit; Salt Lake City; Oklahoma City; and Atlanta.
For additional information about the 2015 Kansas City Navy Week, please contact:
Mr. Gary Ross
Kansas City Navy Week Lead Planner