Crews will close the right lane on northbound I-29 between Route 45 to Barry Rd. 7 a.m. Tuesday, April 21.
Motorists should prepare for delays as crews work to rehabilitate 12 bridges along the I-29 corridor between I-435 and I-635 beginning Tuesday, April 21 and continuing for 6 months.
Work will cause lane reductions, narrow lanes, and ramp closures.
Motorists should use alternate routes such as I-435 and US 169. The following impacts will be underway;
- Two lanes of I-29 will be maintained in each direction between 112th Street and Route 45 (64th Street).
- I-29 will be reduced to one lane at the KCI Airport entrance at exit 13 (Route D (Cookingham Drive) for each direction for 80 calendar days.
- The ramp from eastbound Route 152 to southbound I-29 will be closed for the duration of the project.
- I-29 lanes will be narrowed at the bridge locations.
- Temporary lane closures may be encountered on Route D (Cookingham Drive), 112th Street, Tiffany Springs Parkway, Barry Road, 72nd Street, and Route 45 (64th Street) during off peak hours.
For more information about other MoDOT projects, please visit MoDOT’s website at www.modot.mo.gov/kansascity. For instant updates, follow MoDOT_KC on Twitter or send questions and comments to firstname.lastname@example.org. We want your feedback on our work zones! Rate Our Work Zones at www.modot.org/kansascity