KANSAS CITY, KAN. ----- Kansas City Kansas Community College wants to give students, staff, faculty and the community a chance to maintain their health during the college’s 2015 Health Fair.
“This will be my third health fair, and I am looking for a wonderful turn out,” said Kim Morgan, college nurse at KCKCC. “These individuals will assist in all areas of health from oral health and diabetes education to insurance and home health. In past years, we have had up to 40 exhibitors.”
The Health Fair is from 8:30 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. April 15 in Upper Jewell on the KCKCC main campus, 7250 State Ave. Entrance into the fair is free. However, there is a fee associated with some activities.
· 20 Chemistries and Lipids with CBC. This includes electrolytes, lipids, hemoglobin and hematocrit. $40
· Glucose and Lipid Profile. $25
· Cancer Antigen 125 (for women). This is a possible indicator for ovarian cancer. $55
· Prostate specific antigen PSA (for men). This is possibly indicative of prostate cancer. $35
· Thyroid stimulating hormone TSH. $25
· Hemoglobin A1C. This will tell the average level of glucose. $25
· T4, Total T3, TSH. $65
The health fair will feature a variety of exhibitors including those about alcohol and drugs, spinal flexibility, oral health, wellness and fitness and HIV/STD information. There will be HIV testing offered from Good Samaritan and KC Care Clinic.
In addition, there will be free blood pressure checks as well as weight, height and vision plus giveaways by local companies such as Chick-Fil-A, Quick Trip, among others.
“I know that students will benefit from learning how to improve their overall health and health practices, for they are the ones in charge of their bodies,” Morgan said. “Let the knowledge they obtain from this event empower them to grow and achieve great things within our community and within themselves.”
For more information on KCKCC”s Health Fair, contact Kim Morgan at 913-288-7683 or by email at email@example.com.