Sunday, July 1, 2012

Unattended BBQ grill causes fire


A home in Kansas City, Kan., was damaged Saturday afternoon after an unattended BBQ grill resulted in a fire.

The Kansas City, Kan., Fire Department responded to the fire's location, 2115 N. 3rd Street, at around 4:15 p.m. Saturday afternoon.

No one was injured in the fire, but about $15,000 worth of damage was reported at the home.

"Crews were informed upon arrival that occupants had evacuated the structure," said Craig Duke, KCKFD Battalion Chief. "Crews found heavy fire in the rear of the structure. Fire was under control within 17 minutes."

The BBQ grill was determined as the cause of the fire after a fire investigator was called to the scene.

Due to the heat, extra EMS-units were called to the scene of the fire.

No one was injured.