Friday, September 14, 2012

No one hurt after fireplace causes fire in home


A house fire at 2113 N. 34th Street in Kansas City, Kan., caused about $20,000 worth of damage, but injured no one.

The fire was reported to the Kansas City, Kan., Fire Department just after 9 a.m. on Friday.

According to KCK Fire Department Deputy Chief Kevin Shirley, the American Red Cross was called out to the scene to help four individuals as a result of the fire.

"Arriving crews reported thick smoke coming from the home," Shirley said. "Crews made an interior attack and brought the fire under control in less than 15 minutes."

Shirley added the fire was likely caused in the fireplace of the home.

View Larger Map