Monday, February 11, 2013

Accidental kitchen fire injures one in KCK

A Kansas City, Kan., resident suffered a minor injury after an unintentional kitchen fire in Kansas City, Kan., late last night.

The Kansas City, Kan., Fire Department reported to 820 Tauromee Ave. on a fire call just after 9 p.m. Sunday evening.

When arriving on the scene, firefighters determined the origin of the fire came from the kitchen as a result of unattended cooking.

"A fire investigator responded to scene," said Craig Duke, battalion chief of the KCK Fire Department. "Fire determined to be result of unattended cooking. The estimated damage to structure and contents was $60,000."

The American Red Cross assisted nine adults who live in the duplex. One individual suffered a minor burn to the hand and was evaluated on the scene by an emergency service respondent.

No one else was hurt.

View Larger Map