Monday, June 10, 2013

'Juvenile" accidentally causes fire in KCK home


A juvenile accidentally caused a fire in a Kansas City, Kan., home Monday afternoon.

Firefighters reported to the scene of the fire - 2710 N. 30th Street - just after 2:10 p.m. on Monday. There, they discovered a burning home with heavy fire in the living room of the home.

"Crews were informed that everyone had evacuated the structure," said Craig Duke, battalion chief of the Kansas City, Kan., Fire Department. "Heavy fire was found in the front living area. Fire was knocked down within 10 minutes."

The fire department determined the cause of the fire was from a juvenile playing with a lighter. 

The American Red Cross was called out to assist a family of seven, six of which were children between the ages 1-17.

No one was hurt in the fire.

View Larger Map