The 2013 Class of the Kansas City, Kansas Public Schools’ Reasons to Believe Alumni Honor Roll has been selected.
The 12 alumni will be recognized this fall at the 2013 Reasons to Believe Celebration. The event is set for 7 p.m. Thursday, November 21 at the KCKPS Central Office and Training Center. The event is open to the public.
Members of the 2013 Reasons to Believe Alumni Honor Roll are:
- Anna Lu Brune, retired from the Wyandotte County Treasurer’s Office, Washington High School Class of 1948
- Larry Drew, head coach for the Milwaukee Bucks of the National Basketball Association, Wyandotte High School Class of 1976
- Niki Economy, retired KCKPS teacher, Wyandotte High School Class of 1955
- Joni Franklin, attorney, Washington High School Class of 1989
- Michael Harrity, an associate athletics director at the University of Notre Dame, Sumner Academy of Arts and Science Class of 1995
- Kevin Harvey, education consultant/US Army, J.C. Harmon High School Class of 1983
- Herman T. Jones, II, Shawnee County sheriff, Wyandotte High School Class of 1978
- Keith Mark, attorney, Washington High School Class of 1978
- Linda Pendleton, retired Board of Education member/realtor, Argentine High School Class of 1964
- Linnie Poke, KCKPS educator/principal, Sumner High School Class of 1974
- Janelle Monae Robinson, professional musician/producer, F.L. Schlagle High School Class of 2001
- Megan Randle-Robinson, critical care nurse and nursing instructor, Washington High School Class of 1999
The nominations are reviewed by a panel of judges that includes members of the Board of Education, Reasons to Believe Steering Committee, students, business leaders, and a former Alumni Honor Roll recipient.
The Alumni Honor Roll annually showcases the high caliber of graduates that the district produces and brings a select group of them together with staff, students, community members, colleagues and key leaders for a night of honors.
To review past honor roll classes or to learn more about the program, go to www.kckps.org/recognition/alumni.