Monday, December 9, 2013

Fire causes $10K worth of damage


KANSAS CITY, KAN. ----- A fire at 1917 S. 65th Street in Kansas City, Kan., resulted in $10,000 worth of damage.

Kansas City, Kan., firefighters reported to the scene just after 8 p.m. on Saturday evening.

When arriving, they discovered fire coming from the front part of the home. According to Kansas City, Kan., Fire Department PIO Deputy Chief Kevin Shirley, the fire originated in the fireplace of the home.

"Crews made an aggressive interior attack and brought the fire under control six minutes after arrival," Shirley said in a statement. "Smoke detectors had alerted the occupants of the fire and they were able to escape unharmed."

No one was hurt during the fire