KANSAS CITY, KAN. ----- The Unified Government Board of Commissioners announced the winning grant applications for the funding available in the UG's Hollywood Casino Grant pool.
Out of the 39 grant applications filed by organizations across Wyandotte County, the committee selected 17 organizations to receive nearly $493,000 in funding.
Nearly $1.9 million in grant funding was requested by organizations in Wyandotte County.
A committee of five individuals - Bob Sheldon, Kim Kimminau, Wendell Maddox, Willie Smith and Bernard Franklin - voted on the proposals.
Below are the 17 winners:
- Catholic Charities of Northeast Kansas for the New Roots for Refugees Program $50,000.00
- The Family Conservancy, Healthy Parents for the Healthy Kids $25,000.00
- Caritas Clinics (dba Duchesne Clinic), Evidence-Based Diabetes Prevention $45,000.00
- Kansas City Community Gardens, Inc., Healthy Gardeners Wyandotte $30,000.00
- Bethel Neighborhood Center, Youth Fit 4 Life $39,000.00
- Southwest Boulevard Family Health Care, Let's Exercise: Expanding Family Health Care Fitness $23,200.00
- Freewheels For Kids Inc., Healthy for Life $20,000.00
- El Centro, Inc., Promotores de Salud $29,679.14
- Turner House Clinic, Inc., Turner House Healthy Lifestyles $32,500.00
- The Menorah Legacy Foundation, The Kansas City Beans & Greens Program $20,000.00
- Riverview Health Services, Inc., Diabetes Education and Disease Management Program $45,000.00
- The Downtown Shareholders, KCK Farmers' Market $23,540.00
- Harvesters, Harvesters' Wyandotte Healthy Eating Programs $25,000.00
- YMCA, Racial and Ethnic Approaches to Community Health $20,000.00
- Rosedale Development Association, Inc., Rosedale Healthy Kids $30,000.00
- Bike Share KC Safe Routes to School, Access and Implementation in KCK $25,000.00
- Shepherds Center of Kansas City Kansas, Activity for Healthy Aging $10,000.00