- Boys’ Basketball Camp. The camp is for children entering first through eighth grades. Session one is from 9 a.m. to noon and is for first through fourth grade students. Session two is from 1 to 4 p.m. and is for fifth through eighth graders. Both sessions are July 8 to 10 at the KCKCC Field House, 7250 State Ave. The fee is $50.
- Girls and Boys Beginners All Skills Basketball Camp. This camp, which is for boys and girls pre-kindergarten to third grade, is from 9 to 11 a.m. July 14-17 at the KCKCC Fieldhouse. The goal is to teach children the basic skills of basketball such as passing, dribbling and shooting. The fee is $40.
- Girls Intermediate All Skills Basketball Camp. This camp, designed for girls in fourth through 10th grades, is 1 to 4 p.m. July 14-17 at the KCKCC Fieldhouse. Like the beginning skills camp, girls will work to further develop their basketball skills, and also participate in a series of competitions. The fee is $60.
- Beginners/Intermediate All Skills Volleyball Camp. The camp, which is for students in third through eighth grades, is 1 to 3 p.m. July 28 to 31. Campers will learn the fundamentals of how to pass, serve, set and hit. Camp will also include volleyball games and other team activities. The fee is $80.
- Advanced All Skills Volleyball Camp. This camp is for ninth through 12th graders and will help players learn elite level skills to help in both high school and collegiate volleyball. It is from 9 a.m. to noon July 28-31 in the KCKCC Fieldhouse. The fee is $120.
While pre-registration is not required, it is preferred to ensure a spot in one of the camps. Prior to participation, parents/guardians must complete a registration form and a medical release form as well as pay the camp fee. Participants are responsible for providing their own shoes, practice clothes, towel, water bottle, etc.
For more information or to register, visits the KCKCC Athletic website at bluedevils.kckcc.edu. Information on the basketball camps is also available by calling 913-288-7151 or by sending an email to Valerie Stambersky, assistant athletic director of communications and head women’s basketball coach at KCKCC, at email@example.com.
For information on the volleyball camps, contact Mary Bruno, head volleyball coach at KCKCC at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 913-288-7499.