The changes are designed to help keep buses on schedule and improve the efficiency of several routes in Kansas City, Mo.
The routes that are changing are:
- 12-12th Street: The minor reroute on the west end of downtown becomes permanent.
- 27-27th Street: Weekday schedules will change to help buses stay on schedule.
- 47-Broadway: The route will provide hourly service on Saturdays.
- 51-Ward Parkway: The route will provide hourly service from 8 a.m. to 2 p.m. on weekdays. This change is being made due to low ridership on the eliminated trips.
- 54-Armour-Paseo: Weekday schedules will change to help buses stay on schedule.
- 57-Wornall: Weekday schedules will change to help customers make transfer connections from the Main St. MAX at the Country Club Plaza.
- 142-North Oak: The route will not travel to Zona Rosa during the midday. This will help buses stay on schedule and improve efficiency.
Additionally, Unified Government Transit’s 113-Leavenworth route changes Jan. 2. The route will add two evening trips and provide better access along Leavenworth Road between 38th Street and 51st and between 83rd Street and Hutton Road.
New schedules and detailed bulletins for Metro and UG Transit routes are available online at www.kcata.org. Customers can also call the Regional Call Center at 816-221-0660 on weekdays, 6 a.m. to 7 p.m., for more information.