YEA! works to transform middle and high school students into confident entrepreneurs. In its 30-week entrepreneurship class, students generate business ideas, conduct market research, write business plans, pitch to a panel of investors, and launch their own, legally-registered companies.
Applications from local chambers of commerce that want to start a YEA! program are being accepted at USChamberFoundation.org/YEA now through May 30.
Thirty chambers will be selected to receive up to $2,500 in startup funds, thanks to generous support from Sam’s Club.
Currently 112 communities in 38 states host YEA! classes.
- 2,298 YEA! students nationwide have launched more than 1,700 real businesses in America.
- 19 percent of YEA! students start second businesses.
- 42 percent of students who attend YEA! on a college or university campus matriculate there.
- 100 percent of students enrolled in YEA! graduate high school on time.
- 99 percent of YEA! students choose to pursue higher education.
- 49 percent of YEA! students are female.
- 56 percent of YEA! students are under-represented minorities.