KANSAS CITY, KAN. ---- The Kansas City Kansas Community College Wellness & Fitness Center is hosting the National Senior Health & Fitness Day event later this month.
The theme of the event, which is from 8 a.m. to 1:30 p.m. May 27, is “If You Keep Moving…You’ll Keep Improving.”
“This day is meant to help encourage older Americans to live a healthy and fit life,” said Pam Hall, wellness specialist at the Wellness & Fitness Center. “We will start the day with some healthy breakfast snacks, and there will be lots of information and handouts available.”
· The Senior Health & Fitness Day features a variety of different workshops including:
· Making the Most of Your Joints – Adaptive Equipment
· Stretch and Flexibility Exercises
· Strength Training to Enhance Activities of Daily Living
· Nutrition to Master your Memory
· Protecting Your Assets
· Recommended Plants for Kansas City and Controlling Invasive Plants
· Mind Fit Exercises
Participants do not need to attend every session. People are welcome to attend any workshop they want. In addition, there will be a walk through the Cooper-Foreman Heirloom and Native Gardens.
For more information, to get a schedule of workshops or to make a reservation, contact Hall at 913-288-7368 or by email at firstname.lastname@example.org.